Nameless

Nameless
Who are these silent strangers waiting for me to know who they are?

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Woman on the Edge



Woman on the Edge

I stand
A woman on the edge of two worlds
Both are beautiful
On the right side is the world of beginnings
Filled with youth and innocence,
With children and laughter,
Hard work and sweat.
On the left is the world yet to be
Filled with memories of the other,
But also wisdom and peace,
Joy and shared tears,
Hard work and deep thought.
In the first, I learned that I am alone
I must stand for myself
Or be lost to myself.
In the second, I am beginning to learn
That I am not alone but part of everyone
Through the love they carry in their hearts.
Here I am a mature woman
But I must learn to stand with those I love
Or be lost to the world.
Far in the distance I see the beginning
And know that these hoops of life have no end

No comments:

Post a Comment