Nameless

Nameless
Who are these silent strangers waiting for me to know who they are?

Friday, May 6, 2011

Morning with Mike

This morning Mike strolled majestically through the house, stomach swinging. All the while he meowed, plaintive, yet conscientiously. He checked out each individual (human and feline). Finally, he stopped in front of me and inquired about the possibility of some extra kibble. When I informed his majesty that kibble was not forthcoming, he pleaded his case. Still staring into my face as if to hypnotize me, he stretched himself up and snagged my sweatshirt. "Just a handful? Just one?" he telepathed. Much to his disappointment, I pretended to be oblivious, and, removing his talons from my front, I went on loading the dishwasher. A few minutes later, I found him in a pool of sunlight, fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment