Nameless

Nameless
Who are these silent strangers waiting for me to know who they are?

Monday, April 18, 2011

Chronicles of Mike

I am Mike. I like being Mike and everyone should like Mike, too. Above all else, I like peace. I also like the complete devotion and dedication of my caretakers.

To begin with I feel compelled to let tell you that I reject 75% of what humans regard as reality and truth. Humans are fundamentally flawed. Many of them only see the negatives in this world. So, while their are some enlightened individuals, I tend to disregard most of what they say. They don’t even like themselves! Truly! How can you take anything they say seriously when they start from a foundation of self doubt, self hate and utter disconnection from the world around them.

In my world, the most important thing is love. Love is a foundation that you can build anything upon. I know, to many humans that sounds sappy. But, of course it does, because they do not value or understand its importance. I think perhaps I am getting ahead of myself (or at least my human audience).

The World.
The world is one complete unit. Every component works independently but together. What is the world? The world is the earth beneath us, the sky, the water, the plants, the animals, and the humans. In short, all the naturally occurring life. Things that no human has control of, though many persist in believing in the illusion of control. Delusions of grandeur, is what I think. Whether or no, the rain will fall, the sun will shine, we will live or die and no one has control. Humans refuse to take responsibility for their part in this magnificent world, and instead fight against its very nature. They simultaneously try to keep everything alive (even past what is natural) and then seemingly, do everything in their power to destroy, poison, and maim the very life they are trying to preserve. What are they about? Until they stop and take a look at themselves, and here I mean each individual examining their inner self, they will get no where. Without first excepting their place in an interconnected world, without excepting what they do have power over (self), they remain powerless. Each thought, each word profoundly affects who they are on the inside. And affecting themselves, affects the world around them.

I know that I have presented you with a lot. Let me just emphasize here that the foundation for everything is self. That is all you have control over. In order to effect any change, you have to take a serious inventory of yourself. What do you believe? What do you tell yourself? How do you view yourself? What are things you like and don’t like about yourself? What are the things you have control over? If you do not know the answers to these questions, you cannot proceed. If you look inside yourself and you do not find love and acceptance, you will fail miserably when trying to find it anywhere else. I’d like to point out that their are some aspects about ourselves we have no control over. But we do have control over what we do with those things. For instance, none of us choose what family we are born into or how genetics puts us together. Think about it.

My first advice is to work out the answers to these questions and then, at least, you can begin to build a foundation. Can you accept yourself fully? Can you say, “I accept myself , with all my flaws, and love who I am?” If not, my next lesson may help you to learn to love yourself. But, for now, concentrate on just knowing yourself and what you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment