Nameless

Nameless
Who are these silent strangers waiting for me to know who they are?

Saturday, April 9, 2011

good for the soul


I have been doing a lot of thinking - deep thoughts. Or at least deep in thought. What are those things that are good for the soul. Everyone can tell you the things that are good for the body or the mind, but what about the soul? Maybe it's different for each person but I think for most there are certain things that are good for the soul. Being somewhere in nature, so far removed from machines and noise, that you can hear your heart beat. That's good for my soul. Hearing someone sing in a voice so crystal clear you can't hear the words. That's good. Having a purring cat fall asleep in my arms so soundly he snores. Definitely good. Talking to a friend you haven't seen in a long time, in person. One of the best. An afternoon when you do not have to think about anything, including other people is very nice. (especially if it includes a long, luxurious bath) Laughing so hard you nearly pee or making some else laugh so hard they nearly pee. Feeling the breathe of a certain gentlemanly horse near me. Reading a good book or watching a good movie, alone or with friends, and feeling every emotion under the sky. Feeling the warmth of the sun in spring and smelling the newness of the world after a gentle rain.

Sometimes I guess, all I need is a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment