Nameless

Nameless
Who are these silent strangers waiting for me to know who they are?

Monday, January 30, 2012

monday

It’s Monday and I really have nothing to say. I have been aimlessly doing things about the house. Put away laundry, sorted through old photos, took pictures of the cats. I am so bored that I can’t even think straight. Internet is not working! So, I have washed the dishes, swept the floor and cleaned the kitty litter boxes. Where is that book I wanted to read? I can’t find it. I brought in firewood, cleaned out the frig and took a bath. I still can’t find my book. I found a box of trashy romance novels but none of them are very interesting. It is now 2 pm. I contemplated watching Dexter, but decided to save it for my evening faire. I wrote a letter to my sister-in-law, packaged up a box for my daughter and cleaned the shower walls. Oh look, I need more fire wood and the internet is still down. I vacuumed the rugs, trimmed my hair and decided to have stir fry for dinner. So, I sorted through the freezer and found the right vegetables. Maybe I’d rather have chicken wings, french fries and a salad with bacon dressing. My husband is working on setting up a new router and I am making hand squeezed lemonade. I feel so domestic that I need to slap myself. I know just the thing. I will clean all the light switch plates and door knobs. Done! that took a good 45 minutes. I think I need to bake a cake or maybe some cupcakes. Chocolate will do. I’ve already been to the store and I don’t want to venture into walwart again today. That means I have to make my own frosting. It’s better that way anyway. Right? O.K. now, cup cakes are baking, still working on the internet and am listening to my ipod on random. I trimmed Zombie’s nails, brushed out Mikey and the cupcakes are cooling. Why can’t the netgear communicate with the suddenlink box? Let’s call and see. It is now 4:30 pm. Waiting. Waiting.
Deep in the cells of my brain, neurons are firing. Or fizzling. Or something. We will now run the diagnostic again. ISP failed. Reset the device. Reset for the 5th time. Router is turned off. Router is turned on. Still not connecting. Grrrr. Is it a mac thing? I am beginning to hate mac. Maybe a PC laptop is in order. Yes. I would love to research what kind of laptop to get but . . . I don’t have the internet right now. Yes Sir. Firewall is disabled. Yes Sir, everything is plugged in. All the lights are on. No connection. Diagnostics recommends we contact our internet provider. Reconfigure IP. Yes Sir. Use passive FTP mode. After 30 minutes Suddenlink cannot help us. On to Netgear. Calling and waiting.
It is 6:30 pm - I am finally able to access the internet! Wahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment