Nameless

Nameless
Who are these silent strangers waiting for me to know who they are?

Friday, February 4, 2011

Devastated

I am now devastated. My computer is broken. My hard drive is fine but the nvidia card is shot. I have read about this issue and there is a class action suit. I just have to find my proof of purchase (good luck), send the computer (my life) away and wait a couple months for them to send it back. My only consolation is that I have not lost any data. My hard drive is fine. I just have to buy a new external drive so I can back everything up before I send it all away. Now, I truly know what isolation in WV is like. I can access the internet through my husbands computer - when he is not using it. I can go back and use the old desk top (slow and out of date) and be tethered to the desk. I feel so frustrated and angry and just want to whine. Oh well . . .

1 comment:

  1. Fuck, no! I am so sorry to hear this. I was so hoping it was just a lost cluster of IO/IO caught somewhere in the motherboard and the reset would fix it.

    Can't you just go out and grab a cheapy HP like mine and use that during the interim?

    Plus the word verification was "bitters." Unbelieveable. I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete