Nameless

Nameless
Who are these silent strangers waiting for me to know who they are?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Great Distractors




It is after 9 am. Here I sit, hostage to my cat. He sitting in my lap, motoring away, and slaying me with his lethal cuteness. I politely informed him that I needed to be working but he just blinked at me in that lazy way put his paw on my face. J calls them the great distractor. They are experts at this from the moment they enter your life. So, mindful of my little friend, I did some random net surfing. Surprising. If you do not own a cat you are 30 to 40 percent more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease. Owning a cat also reduces the risk of sudden heart attack and boosts your immune function. Cats lower blood pressure,triglycerides, and cholesterol. They also reduce the risk of stroke. Of course, they reduce anxiety and stress. I assume all these benefits are for cat owners that actually spend time with their cats. The article failed, however, to mention the humor factor. They can be so ridiculous. Need a good laugh? Give your cats an empty 12 can box or a bottle cap. So I justify my delay as therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment